Some people stay away from skin treatments because they don’t like needles, or don’t want to look like they’ve had work done. Now there’s Aquagold® Fine Touch™, a new micro channeling treatment to improve damaged skin with no bruising or downtime. Aquagold is a revolutionary microneedle device that contains 24 karat needles, each of which is smaller than a hair follicle. This device delivers products such as platelet-rich plasma, dermal fillers, muscle relaxants, retinol, and antioxidants directly into the skin.
Applying anti-aging products directly under the skin allows them to be absorbed much more effectively and with a much longer duration of effectiveness because these products do not have to bypass the natural protective barrier of the skin. Deeper penetration of these active ingredients results in a more healthy and more vibrant appearance of the skin. Aquagold is a versatile tool for treating a number of cosmetic facial issues such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Decreased skin elasticity
- Loss of facial volume
How It Works
Depending on a patient’s concerns and desired results, we are able to fully customize the solution to be applied with the microchannel device. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is the primary ingredient in the treatment. It offers the following benefits:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production to thicken and tighten thinning skin
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Acts as an antioxidant and has hydrating properties
These benefits will not be seen immediately but will improve gradually over the months. The solution can be customized with other ingredients to maximize results.
- Dysport® in small levels at the surface of the skin, where it is not near a muscle, improves the size of the pores and decreases redness over time. This can help acne. The muscle relaxants provide a natural, gentle smoothing of the skin.
- Deeper wrinkles often require larger needles and more volume. This is accomplished with Restylane® dermal fillers. Micro channeling with Restylane®dermal filler provides a natural-looking increase in skin suppleness
Aquagold works best in a series of three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Results appear slowly and naturally as the PRP amplifies the natural growth factors your body uses to heal tissue.
Because the Aquagold treatment offers buildable results, it works well with other treatments. Used in conjunction with deeper dermal filler injections or after laser treatment, Aquagold can enhance results. It is also an ideal addition to surgical facial rejuvenation, such as face-lift surgery, and can help maintain results.